Write For Us
So, you’re interested in joining the Nightmare Mode crew, are you? Great! We’d be happy to have you! But we should go over some information first, just to make sure that you are the right fit for us.
We’re looking for a group of dedicated, passionate and opinionated gamers who seek to write critically about games. That can come in a variety of forms; perhaps you’re interested in writing, in podcasting, in video–whatever your disposition, we’re open to it. We just hope that your material is thoughtful.
If that sounds good to you, then you should apply by sending us an email at nightmaremode.net [AT] gmail.[com] In this email, make sure to denote the following:
- What type of ‘position’ or work you are interested in–writer, reviewer, etc. We’re open to anything, really.
- What frequency you expect to submit material. Whatever degree of commitment you are interested in is fine, we do, however, ask that you submit at minimum once a month.
- A sample of your work. New to this? That’s fine. Please submit a response to this month’s omnitopic. We want to get a taste of the type of asset you’d be to the team.
You should NOT apply if the following are true:
- You believe that games should be, above all, ‘fun’. Woah! What in the world!? Well…think about the difference between engaging and fun. We can talk about this further if you’d like, so don’t let this bullet point throw your interest off.
- You are averse to editing. We have (what can sometimes be) an extensive editing/feedback system that may require thick skin. On the other hand, you’ll be a stronger writer for it!
Yes, this is on a volunteer basis. However, we’d like to think that we provide a nurturing environment to improving your writing as well as as well a group to partake in engaging discussions.. In some ways, we’re a very tight-knit group, so, it sounds cheesy but! We offer friendship. Too esoteric for you? Fine. Occasionally we get review copies of games. Also, we’re constantly in contact with developers (often indie developers). Lastly, we’re totes cuddlers. ❤